Friday

Fatigue Fight Friday: Hydrating Me!

It's officially my First Mama Fatigue Fighting Friday Post!  One thing I know for sure as a nursing mama is that water matters!!  I recently read a study that indicating that "foggy-brain" and difficulty concentrating begins when the body is at only 3% dehydration.  That explains a lot!

As a mom, I always make sure to pack tons of water for my little ones.  I even pack water for myself.  But, I have noticed that I find it much easier to get distracted and forget hydrate myself.  When my son was nursing exclusively, I always followed the rule that I drank a glass of water every time he nursed.   I still grab a glass of water when I can while he nurses, but his nursing outside of bedtime is sporadic and waning. 

So here is my plan for the month of September, I am going to hydrate every time I hydrate the little ones.  I am also going to keep myself accountable by keeping a log on my phone.  Also, I think I am going to give some of these Aguas Frescas ideas a try! http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-aguas-frescas-fresh-fruit-water/
Do you have any tips or tricks for ways to remember yourself throughout the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wasting Nothing Philosophy

Playing, cooking, reading, exploring, loving, laughing, and making a mess with your little one is NEVER a waste of time! It is priority one! It's not just about getting to know your little one. It's about letting your little one get to know you!