Saturday

Food Fight!


So it's that time of year again! The moment when I must take my son in for his annual food allergy testing. It is a crazy thing to prepare for. Basically, I pack an activity kit full of things to try to distract my son from the reality of being pricked about 17 times, then to be asked to sit still and wait 15 minutes not touching his back while hives potentially pop up all over it.

This year, while significantly better than prior years revealed that our food fight rages on.  I was so amazed at how brave my little was.  He clearly knows the drill and while he knew it wouldn't be fun he didn't fight the process at all.  The verdict is in we are still allergic to egg and peanuts, but happily all tree nuts have moved off the list!!   So here is to another year of imaginative cooking alternatives!  :)

Is your little in a food fight also?  Check out the printable labels I made for my little's bento box.  WN Bento Box Allergy Warning Labels As always our WN printables are free to download! For more great food allergy info check out: The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN™)





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wasting Nothing Philosophy

Playing, cooking, reading, exploring, loving, laughing, and making a mess with your little one is NEVER a waste of time! It is priority one! It's not just about getting to know your little one. It's about letting your little one get to know you!