Friday

Discover Kids: Color Me Playhouse

My son received a Discovery Kids: Color Me Play house for his birthday from one of our friends.  I have to admit I had looked at them several times in the store.  We love playing with cardboard boxes and we love coloring, but something about "buying" the cardboard box put me off.  So I never made the purchase. Plus, it felt like a bit of a pop up coloring book and I like to let my little ones color outside the lines. 
 
I have to say though it has been a ton of fun.  It was simple to put together and sturdier than I thought it would be.  The kids immediately got to coloring.  They had a great time coloring and playing in the house.  It has been a bit of a "on going collaborative art project".  They "play" house and "work" one the house both together and independently.  One of my favorite moments is when my oldest grabbed a book, pillow, blanket, and lamp and headed inside the house for story time.  The other has to be my niece adorning the walls with family portraits.  :)  Super big thanks to our friends for the awesome gift.  It has been great for inspiring imaginative play!  We will be so sad to see it go.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wasting Nothing Philosophy

Playing, cooking, reading, exploring, loving, laughing, and making a mess with your little one is NEVER a waste of time! It is priority one! It's not just about getting to know your little one. It's about letting your little one get to know you!